Sunday, January 26, 2014

Explorer Shorts

An often voiced complaint is that the number of female patterns and projects made easily outnumbers the number of male patterns.

Most of my recent blog posts have been projects for the girls. I struggle to find something that is different enough to warrant purchasing a new pattern for the little man. How many ways can you make pants? Shorts? Tops?

I am now actively trying to rectify this terrible imbalance. These pictures show his current favourite outfit - at 3 and a half he has decided the shirt and shorts go together. I wonder whether he matched them because he was given them at the same time or because they are both green.

The shorts were based on explorer shorts by hey there threads. The pattern is fantastic and he loves the pocket detailing. I have top stitched every seam I possibly could to make them more interesting.


The main fabric is a drill purchased from a 2nd hand shop and luckily (as he loves it so much) there is plenty more. The pocket fabric came from my mum's patchwork stash. 

The week 27th Jan - 2nd Feb is kids clothes week. I will be spending my time making clothes for the little man - rectifying the balance a little further :)

No comments: