Sunday, January 26, 2014

KCW plans

Plans for the Kids clothing week Jan 27 - Feb 2.

Girl Sewing
1. Finish a pair of school pants for the Big Miss. She has grown so much over the past weeks her current ones are now too small. I just know if I do not get any done for her the weather will turn and she'll need them.
For these I am planning to use the Jalie 3022 Yoga pants pattern and an active stretch fabric from Spotlight. I'm not sure what it is called although it is 100% polyester. I am hoping that the Big Miss likes to wear this fabric - she picked it in the store but she is very fussy and last year refused most polyester fabrics.

2. Trial some bather bottoms. Can I make them? The kids all currently wear a rashie and bottoms for swimming lessons. But it is hard to source separate bottoms for girls and I find it wasteful to buy a two piece when I know the top will not get used. I am still thinking of how to approach this.

3. Peekaboo V neck Cardigan There is a sewalong for this pattern during KCW week so this may inspire me to make one. Not sure of the fabric yet.

Boy Sewing

1. Oliver +S sailboat pants and top I am thinking of navy cotton with green pin stripes that the little man received in his Christmas pack from a good friend. (All my children received a parcel of fabric in addition to other items for Christmas from a good friend of ours.)

Unfortunately the pattern cover for this pattern does not show the boy version with the pants. Check out the link if you are interested.

2. Oliver +S Naturewalk pants The Little Man has no long pants for the coming winter. I am hoping to get a few pairs made before cold weather sets in. He loves pull on pants and these have a interesting waistband detail. I only have the pattern in the larger sizes so I may need to adjust length for him. His preference for baggier fit may allow these pants to be worn earlier than the pattern designer intended.



3. Peekaboo Hangout Hoodie would love to get one of these done for him. Lack of green stretch may be an issue. Will see if I can get him to agree to blue.

Other People's Kids clothing

1. I have to get a school dress in size 2 made for a child at the girl's primary school by Tuesday. This is the only guaranteed make on this plan.

So how much will I get done? Combining all these plans with a public holiday on Monday, working in the school uniform shop all Tuesday and the Big Miss' return to school on Wednesday.

Stay tuned to see....

No comments: